The submission of abstracts for the 20th German Congress on Health Services Research is open. Take your chance to actively participate in the congress with your abstract!
Abstracts on the topic "COVID-19" can only be submitted and presented in English. For all other abstracts, submission and presentation is possible in German or English.
The maximum length of an abstract is 2,800 characters (without spaces). Modifications of submitted abstracts are possible until 31 July 2020 and should be send to the congress agency KUKM (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The applicants may select their preferred method of presentation (oral, poster or science slam). The reviewer committee will determine the final presentation format(s) upon acceptance of the abstract.
The use of special text formatting in the abstract should be minimized. It cannot be guaranteed that special formatting will correctly appear in all output media (see “Publications”).
Abstract submission will close on March 31, 2021, and all submitters will be notified of the outcome of the review in mid-June.
Terms and conditions
The presenter must be named first and is responsible for compliance with the ethical rules. Any conflicts of interest must be highlighted during the presentation at the congress.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Please create an account or log in with your e-mail address and password. With these credentials you can log back into the system at any time and submit further abstracts or complete abstracts you have started.
- Please first select the applicable contribution type (explanation see below). Then you can select the corresponding track and a keyword.
- You can also select whether you would like to submit the contribution as a talk, poster or science slam (presentation type). The decision in which form the abstract will be included in the program will be made by the program managers if the review committee has generally approved the inclusion of the contribution.
- For submission, use only the template corresponding to the type of contribution (Word document, font: Arial, font size: 11, no indentation, no spacing). Copy and paste only the abstract text into it. You can delete all other notes from the template. You can download the corresponding template here on the website or in the submission system.
- Please enter abstract titles as well as authors and their affiliations separately in the system. Due to the anonymous evaluation, the Word document with the abstract text must not contain any references to the names of the authors and clinics or their location.
- After you have submitted the abstract, you as well as all other authors who have provided an e-mail address will receive a confirmation by e-mail.
Type of Contribution
Abstracts can be submitted for the following contribution types. Please note that there are different structural requirements for the abstract for each type of contribution. You can download and view the corresponding template below.
- Contribution type 1: Theories and theoretical concepts (template)
- Contribution type 2: Study results and transfer (template)
- Contribution type 3: Discussion of methods (template)
- Contribution type 4: Study protocol (without results) (template)
Please note that a category from track 3 can only be selected if contribution type 3 "Discussion of methods" is chosen.
Tracks and Categories
TRACK 1: UNDERSTANDING THE CONTEXT OF CARE
Basics, theories and results
- Care context of implementation: patient, family member, citizen
- Care context of implementation: health care professionals, e.g. physician, nurse, therapist
- Care context of implementation: patient-professional interaction
- Care context of implementation: care team and interprofessional collaboration (skills and grade mix)
- Care context of implementation: care organization (e.g. hospital, nursing facility, doctor's office, MVZ, rehabilitation facilities) care networks
- Care context of implementation: health and social systems (remuneration + responsibilities), care in school/daycare center, youth and social welfare office (social security systems)
- Care context of implementation: municipality and region
- Care context of implementation: environment and culture (climate, politics and law, economy, pandemic, digitalization, care culture, socio-cultural backgrounds, risk culture)
TRACK 2: PROMOTING THE TRANSFER OF PRACTICE
Results of health services research projects and their transfer
- Enabling factors and barriers for implementation and practice transfer
- Patient and family participation in transfer
- Conflicting goals in the health care system as an obstacle to practice transfer (e.g., medicine - organization - economics - ethics - professions)
- Innovative and/or cross-sectoral care concepts and their transfer
- Telemedical and digitalization solutions for practice transfer
- Transfer of innovation fund projects
- Regional concepts: Demand and transfer
- From data to practice/registry
- Integration into the community
TRACK 3: IMPROVING RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
Researchers learn from researchers
Methods of health services research:
- Field/Data Access
- Participatory Research
- Registries and cohorts
- Application of innovative methods and/or evaluation designs (including adoptions from other disciplines)
- Further development of methods and/or evaluation designs
- Specific challenges in the application of qualitative methods
- Artificial intelligence/Big Data
- Public relations/social media
TRACK 4: COVID-19 AND "BUNTE TÜTE"
Current and free themes
- COVID-19 (Submission and presentation in English only).
- Prevention and Health Promotion
- Rehabilitation and remedial education
- Palliative care and last year of life
- Evidence-based care in mainstream health care
- Structures and Networks
- Artificial intelligence and deep learning
- Demand planning and control
- Patient safety and quality management
- Lean healthcare, organizational development and work force
- Social inequalities in care
- Health literacy
- Physical activity-based care
- Psycho-somatic care
- Other free topics
All submitted abstracts will be evaluated by several reviewers of the review panel and published on www.egms.de upon acceptance of the abstract.
For any questions please contact
Kongress- und Kulturmanagement GmbH
Telefon: +49 3643 2468-169